Sometimes, a lot of times actually, the color black get a bad rap. It is thought of as the doom, gloom and conservatism color. Need to fire someone? Wear black. Funeral to attend? Wear black. Interview and want to be taken seriously? Wear black. Nothing to wear so need a default? Wear black. Starting to notice a theme? This is not to say everyone thinks like this. Know what color I wear when I want to feel like a badass? Black! Especially a black LBD.
Some of my favorite ways to make an LBD stand out, other than metallic shoes are:
- a bold lip color, because playing up your lips is one of the easiest and most beautiful accessories
- in lieu of a bold lip, a nude lip with a gorgeous smoky eye – it’s a beautiful, stark contrast against black
- amazing black heels with one or two subtle details that draw attention to the line of the leg and the arch of the foot
- An LBD with details, whether it’s strapless, one-shouldered, strategically placed cut-out panels or semi-sheer panels like mine. Just a few additions that add a subtle bit of glam to the dress.
- Minimal jewelry to accent the dress; I like to focus on rings and bracelets – maybe earrings. It really depends on how much I’ve volumized my hair on whether I can add earrings or not and how much they add or take away from the look.
These are few of my LBD tips and ways I try and bring the color black to life and add a bit of edge. What tips do you have that you can share? I’d love to hear in the comments. xx